Micropos has developed the RayPilot® system for high precision four dimensional radiotherapy, 4DRT. The system works as an add-on to existing linear accelerators and enables full control of a region of interest (ROI) position throughout every radiotherapy session.
By knowing the exact position of the cancerous organ at any moment, the treatment can be more precise and much less of the surrounding healthy tissue will be damaged.
The system consists of the RayPilot® receiving system which is placed on any existing treatment table, the RayPilot® transmitter that is placed in the ROI, and the RayPilot® software.
Initially, the system will be used in the treatment of prostate cancer where a precise and safe localization dramatically will increase the treatment quality. It can also speed up the set-up time for each patient for a more effective use of the radiation therapy equipment.
The RayPilot® system has the potential to enable:
- Reduced set-up time and higher throughput
- Continuous ROI positioning
- Higher doses to the tumor
- Fewer side effects
- High precision hypofractionation treatmens
- Fast and objective positioning aid
- Follow-up and analysis of possible target movement during treatment